The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System (PMS) is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. It is manually operated on line of sight rules and the system is being designed in compliance with BO Strab regulations and guidance. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Operations Personnel.
The HSQE Manager has overall responsibility for the expenditure and safety policy of the complete organization and follows the applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures. The role reports to the Operations & Maintenance Director and works closely with the Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager and Commercial & Administration Manager.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Overall management of the HSQE and training department;
- Responsible for all health, safety, quality and environment related matters regarding operations & maintenance.
- Ensures the safety and integrity according to applicable rules & regulations;
- Applies HSQE policy and standards;
- Co-operates with customer, Ministry of Transport (MoTC) and other stakeholder to address and clarify HSQE matters
- Co-operates with other managers to address HSQE concerns and complaints;
- Implements and updates the safety management system (SMS) and health system and plan and procedures;
- Implements and updates of the quality system and plan;
- Implements and updates the environmental protection strategy and plan;
- Compiles and updates associated rules & regulations;
- Investigates analyses and reports on all safety related events (degraded operations, incidents, accidents);
- Liaises with local departments and authorities regarding safety, quality, health and environmental matters;
- Conducts safety and quality audits;
- Makes regular proposals for improvement of the HSQE system;
- Develops guidelines and supporting documents for tool box talks;
- Ensures that all training documentation is updated and all staff properly trained by the training team;
- Monitors and supports the Operations Inspector, Training Manager, Training Inspector and Tram Driver Instructor;
- Assists during T&C activities.
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Degree of engineering or equivalent
- Vocational training in health, safety, quality and environment;
- Safety training
- Knowledge acquired in 10+ years in processing / engineering/ developing / commercial / customer services / maintenance / operations activity with varying duties/ functions
- At least 5 years of successful management of health & safety, ≥15 years management of subcontractors, knowledge of project management process
- NEBOSH certificate or diploma (or equivalent). Ideally a Membership of IOSH or equivalent
- First work experience in Rail, metro or similar infrastructure Projects
- Solid work experience in EHS supervisor function from similar organization set up
- Excellent communication skills, advanced presentation / reporting skills
- English fluent level, further lingual skills is highly appreciated
- In good physical condition
What else do I need to know ?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com.
Job ID: 94264
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time