Supervisor - Train Presentation
We are currently recruiting for a Supervisor – Train Presentation to join our Rolling Stock division based in Ardwick, Manchester. Reporting to the Train Presentation Manager, you will be responsible for leading the team to effectively deliver the daily Train Presentation Agreement. Accountable for ensuring work is carried out safely and to the required standard whilst identifying and delivering opportunities to maximize productivity and efficiency in the workplace as well as ensuring continuous development of team to create a high performance culture.
What are your responsibilities?
Service Delivery / Fleet Planning
- Plan and manage all resources including people, plant, material, tools and third party services to meet the daily operational requirements.
- Execute presentation plan to meet business targets, improve productivity and keep deferred work to a minimum.
- Ensure all activity is undertaken in accordance with the relevant presentation specification and Group Standards.
- Ensure optimum shift coverage minimising downtime, complaints or delay to our customers.
- Ensure any extraordinary circumstances or any complex work is built into the plan.
- Understand customer requirements to ensure plans are kept up to date and relationships maintained.
- Maintain log and ensure effective handover to subsequent shifts.
- Ensure required fleet quality standards are met by checking completed work and records.
Continuous Improvement and Quality
- Actively encourage identification of continuous improvement activities and empower team members to implement agreed changes that benefit customers and the business.
- Delivery of productivity improvements identified through various channels.
- Actively seeking opportunities to share best practice with other Supervisors on own site and other sites.
- Actively manage projects within team and/ or area of expertise.
- Facilitate audits in accordance with the audit plan and implement any recommendations made within the agreed timescale.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
Finance and commercial
- Make service decisions and manage day to day operations in line with contract KPIs.
- Eliminate Non-Conformance Costs (NCC’s).
- Identity opportunity for additional services.
- Monitor productivity and identify potential cost-savings.
- Demonstrate competence in all of the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Leadership capabilities.
- Role Model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Values, Siemens Rail Systems Behavioural Partnership and Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Develop a high performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools (PMP/4 Success objective setting, appraisal and development plan, Succession planning, Recognition schemes etc.).
- Proactively investigate and escalate when expected standards are not met by a member of their team e.g. sickness absence and disciplinary.
- Monitoring teams daily performance against indicators and produce plans to improve performance.
- Conduct management reviews and create effective personal development plans to enhance capability in the team (e.g. on the job shadowing, training, coaching).
- Delivery of team briefs, business information and change
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
Depending on your site, you may also be required to cover the following activity:
- Provide guidance for team members on technical and operational issues
- Maintain records and databases
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Implementation of safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes
- Actively promote 4 steps to Zero Harm and the Rolling Stock behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Engage with Line Manager to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Carry out safety and 5s audits according to the plan and implement any recommendations found.
- Investigate any incidents thoroughly, complete relevant reports and implement agreed preventative actions.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one’s own acts or omissions.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Leadership experience
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organization/planning skills
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and environment requirements
- Technical knowledge of Rolling Stock presentation procedures/practices
- Basic understanding of continuous improvement principles
- Contract/Commercial knowledge
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Our Rail Systems business is working to transform the future of rolling stock engineering within the UK. We have maintenance facilities and offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
How to apply
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
Great minds think differently
At Siemens we understand that rewarding and retaining our employees is about more than just pay. We use a total reward philosophy to ensure we have a comprehensive offering of elements to guarantee working at Siemens offers everyone the things that matter to them. Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 94299
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time