What are my responsibilities?
This person will work as a COMOS administrator as a solution architect. The role includes project and task scope definition, system installation and management, configuration work - which adheres to the Customer’s standard project methodology, User training, and User support. This person will work on a range of COMOS configuration assignments and may work alone, or within a small managed team environment and may act as the leader of that team.
- COMOS System Administration
- Monitor general COMOS performance and recommend and implement improvements
- Perform software upgrades
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Fixes causes, not just symptoms and work to eliminate recurring problems
- Communication - keep project team and users informed of problems, scheduled downtime, or anything that may affect operation
- Database Administration
- User Management - maintain COMOS Security and Role Management
- Expansion of COMOS standards by conception and development of new features
- COMOS License Management
- User Support
- Management and Synchronization of Working Layers
- Structure databases and workflows
- Obtain knowledge of Project-specific Database configurations and manage accordingly
- Base Object Configuration
- Structures and representation in the Navigator
- Properties, behavior and appearance of objects
- Configuration Definition, Creation, and Management
- Handling of the context menu
- Creating Equipment Objects and Elements
- Tabs & Attributes catalog
- Handling of attributes
- Create, manage, link
- Selection Lists
- Queries, XML Export Templates
- Use of COMOS Object Debugger for Scripting
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Engineering Graduate
- The COMOS Administrator should have knowledge and experience of working with COMOS including customization. He should have strong IT skills with a sound knowledge of Data Base Modeling and Data Mapping. Knowledge of VB.Net and C# programming would be preferred.
- The person should have minimum of 2+ years of experience, be trained on COMOS modules
- Knowledge other systems such as ACAD, Micro Station
- Scripting, Visual Basic, SQL, XML
- Process engineering skills, professional experience desirable
- Programming skills (VB, C #)
What else do I need to know?
Required COMOS Module Training
At a minimum, this person should be well versed in the following COMOS areas:
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 94328
Organisation: Global Services
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time