COT Engineer Dynamic Simulations HTT
COT Engineer Dynamic Simulations - HTT Center of Technology
Siemens HTT is leader in the field of Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs) for various applications such as Combined Cycle Power Plants, Oil and Gas industry, Process industry, Floating Power Plants etc. We are currently seeking an Engineer Dynamic Simulations to join our Center of Technology Group.
The Center of Technology acts as the central engineering point between the R&D, sales, and execution departments. The core tasks are the realization of product development and the creation and improvement of the tools.
As part of the Siemens HTT COT team, a group of developers and users is working on predicting the real-life behavior of our products. This is done by dynamic simulation of our products, as well as the continuous development and improvement of the tools necessary to do so. The dynamic simulations are a fundamental part of the overall power plant operating concept. We are continuously striving to improve our predictive capabilities in order to optimize the potential of our HRSGs.
We are currently looking for an engineer to strengthen that team. The primary function of this role is to perform the dynamic simulations and understand the consequence for the product. In addition, as the primary user of in-house tools, it is expected that you can contribute to the development of the tools. Furthermore, you will be working with other Siemens offices around the world to cooperate in a streamlined approach to power plant operation simulations. If this is you, we look forward to hearing from you!
As a COT Engineer Dynamic Simulations, you are expected to demonstrate the following skills:Display an understanding of thermodynamic processes and heat transfer
- Display an understanding of control theory
- Demonstrate the ability to absorb new knowledge and translate that to product improvement
- Possess a strong interest in opportunities in digitization of tools and work processes
- Analytical skill and the use of critical thinking for problem-solving
- Assume accountability and ownership of your assigned responsibilities
- MSc. Degree in Engineering or Applied Physics
- Minimum requirement: recent graduate with good graduation or short work experience
- Experience and knowledge of Matlab Simulink
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Object oriented programming (specifically Java)
Job ID: 94359
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time