Project Procurement Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Project Procurement Manager to join our Mobility procurement department in London (either Euston, Three Bridges or Hornsey). Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of Project Buyers to provide the Procurement service for the Desiro City Fleets. You will ensure that suppliers deliver against their contractual obligations and identify savings opportunities in support of the business.
What are your responsibilities?
- Establish strategic procurement plans for defined high importance/spend categories, obtaining the buy-in of key stakeholders and delivery of these on time and to budget
- Establish and maintain the appropriate purchasing and supply chain controls to deliver the business objectives, including identification and measurement of procurement related KPI’s
- Implement the Siemens supplier management tools and processes in their defined category areas, collaborate with the relevant cross-functional stakeholders to measure and drive supplier related improvement
- Champion the use of diverse suppliers within the Siemens Rail Systems supply chain as appropriate
- Identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities and measures to reduce the operational cost base of Rail Systems UK
- Reduce Supply Chain related non-conformance costs
- Support supplier negotiations with support from cross functional partners and Sourcing Manager to secure the most favourable outcome
- Support the drafting of agreements with suppliers, utilizing the business experts as appropriate
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rails Systems HSQE policies and ensure the same within the supplier base
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team
- Fully participate and engage in the behavioral safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit
- Develop effective working relationships with the customer
- Develop a high-performance culture with strong employee engagement
- Implement learning and development solutions to develop talent and enhance capability in the team
- Role model behavior consistent with Siemens values
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Good knowledge of procurement activities
- Broad working knowledge of operational, commercial and financial activities across a range of businesses or an in-depth knowledge in a particular business
- Work experience as a Category Expert or similar role
- Sound e-procurement knowledge
- Work experience with a Software based Procurement system similar to SAP or equivalent
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Good understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- Degree/CIPS qualification
- Experience of working in a multi-national business
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 94388
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time