Bioinformatiker für genomische Annotation und Datenbankerstellung (m/w/divers)
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind.
While we are investing in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also investing in our 48.000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in the healthcare industry.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Bioinformatiker für genomische Annotation und Datenbankerstellung (m/w/divers).
If you are ambitious and change makes you thrive, be a member of our team in Erlangen.
- Definition, planning and de novo development of professional (bioinformatics) knowledge databases from publicly available resources as well as real-world evidence data
- Development of applications for the annotation of clinical ´Omics data, in particular DNA sequencing (NGS) data
- Definition and implementation of interfaces for the integration from bioinformatics findings or Omics data with other clinical data in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Act as a technical interface between business units interested in clinical bioinformatics
- Project management in a highly flexible working environment
This position may suit you best, if you are interested in bioinformatics topics.
- Degree in Bioinformatics, IT, or a related field
- Serveral years of Experience with professional bioinformatics databases. Professional experience in an industrial environment is required
- Proficiency of programming languages for industrial applications (e.g. Java, C/C++, C#)
- Experience in database technologies and languages is required, e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Graph databases or similar
- Experience with content management systems is desirable
- Strong communication skills, high degree of initiative and high tolerance for ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a good understanding of business contexts and markets
Fluent in spoken and written English
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us.
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying.
+49 (9131) / 17 – 1717
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Arne Wassermann.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens Healthineers.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 94396
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time