Project test engineer
Samtech SA is a subsidiary of Siemens and expert in the development of numerical simulation technologies. More precisely, Samtech is a world-class leader in Computer Aided Engineering Structure Analysis software for aeronautics, space, automotive, energy and other advanced manufacturing industries. Samtech helps customers to design better products and improve their competitiveness by reducing their time-to-market and costs.
With a unique combination of simulation software, testing systems and engineering services, Siemens Industry Software, Samtech's parent company, tunes into new innovative products' critical engineering attributes, ranging from system dynamics, structural integrity and sound quality to durability, safety and power consumption.
We are looking for a Project Test Engineer to integrate the Pre & Solvers QA team in SAMTECH headquarters in Liege, Belgium. The candidate will work with Development, Customer Service and Product Management to develop and execute quality control tests for Samcef solver and Samcef environment in the Simcenter 3D application.
The primary tasks are:
- Review Requirements and Functional specifications, and provide input w.r.t. testability.
- Design and create new project test plans to qualify the contents of project requirements and functional specifications.
- Design test cases (both for manual and automated execution) as listed in the project test plan.
- Validate/ensure the quality of the software by executing the test cases for the new projects, executing regression tests, reporting bugs where needed, and writing test reports.
- Improve test coverage by analyzing the root causes of technical issues, and develop testing solutions for those root causes.
- Create and apply new approaches as necessary to improve the productivity and efficiency of testing.
- Acquire (internal & external) customer inputs for project testing purposes.
- Expand test coverage by incorporating their models and scenarios.
- Technical lead in guiding (remote) regression test engineers.
- Develop testing methodologies and become a technical expert for one or more products.
- Educational Level: Degree in Engineering with strong mechanical background
- Experience: Junior, experience in Numerical Analysis
- Specific technical competencies: experience in using a Finite Element Code
- Familiar with IT environments: Windows, Linux
- Knowledge of Samcef Solver (preferably) and/or Nastran Solver
- Languages: French, Good knowledge of English (both written and spoken)
- Specific personal competencies: Creative, Quality-awareness, Customer oriented attitude, Attention to details, accurate and methodical, Team spirit and flexibility, Autonomous & Dynamic
ConditionsSamtech offers, besides an attractive salary and benefits package, an internationally oriented and innovative high-tech environment. Samtech is a fast growing, yet financially healthy company with a flat structure and an informal, flexible atmosphere. People working within the company say they get a lot of room for initiative and career development. Samtech is driven by innovation, and therefore fosters the creativity of its employees. Samtech provides continuous training and competence development, stimulating personal development with respect to technical and/or management skills.
Job ID: 94399
Organization: Digital Factory
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time