Product Manager Smart Building API Products 80-100%
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with around 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
The vision of Building Technologies is to be the world’s leading Smart Building company. We empower our customers to use the power of data to create perfect places. In support of this vision we believe open interfaces and a developer friendly API platform are necessary to serve the needs of our customers, allowing them to develop solutions that can most effectively serve their individual needs using powerful, standardized and secure services.
We are searching for a customer focused, business and technology savvy professional to join our global team as a Product Manager to drive cross-functional activities for our vision of a Smart Building API. In this role you will have the responsibility to bring the strategy to life – from developing an API-based business model, to understanding and articulating internal and external customer requirements, to communicating and advocating the business value of our APIs to internal and external stakeholders. In your daily work you should feel just as comfortable discussing the design of an API with our developer as you are presenting the roadmap and business model to senior management.
Your new responsibilities
- Responsibility for the API product and commercialization strategy for cloud-based Smart Building solutions and services and for the market delivery of APIs and API-focused business models
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to develop a cohesive concept and business-valuable approach to delivering world-class Smart Building APIs to the market
- Planning and maintaining a responsive roadmap, bringing together APIs from a variety of products and sources and presenting the benefits of future roadmap items to management and customers in close collaboration with our Regions
- Describing, documenting and prioritizing the features required to implement the product strategy, working across organizational boundaries to implement features for our customers in a lean way
- Representing the customer impactful, whilst involving the customer in the creation process through a continuous co-creation/design-thinking approach
- Providing governance and the legal blueprint for API use
- Collaborating with the developer community to define the tool set (e.g. low-code) for implementing the most important use cases based on the API (especially visualization/dashboard or basic data capture), and giving direction/training to our Regions on how to use the selected tool set
- Working closely with the partner manager to provide support in technical conversations with external developers
- Measuring the API consumption and defining meaningful KPIs to continuously assess the value and effectiveness of APIs, collecting and acting on feedback from customers and developers
- Coordinating product communications to promote the solutions both internally and externally and to ensure a cohesive message, working closely with cross-functional teams
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field, combination of computer science and business degree highly desired
- 5+ years of experience in related product management, or related software development positions with increasing responsibility. Experience of API product management is an advantage
- Working knowledge of current API management platforms (Amazon API Gateway, Apigee or similar) as well as of the building blocks and best practices of modern API design (Swagger, API First, Microservices, SOA etc.)
- Strong understanding of enterprise software and services as well as proven experience in lean and agile software development methods
- Ability to build trust with internal and external stakeholders, within an intercultural environment, to drive successful product releases
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to see and articulate the big picture, linking product implementation to corporate strategy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex topics quickly and concisely with diverse audiences and to non-experts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. German would be a plus
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/jobs/why.
We look forward to receiving your online application including CV and letter of motivation with an indication of your availability. Please upload references and certificates in a second step after creating an account. If you have any questions about this position, please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com
Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 94466
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either