Claim manager for projects
Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
The Associate Contract and Change Manager is a key position within our Project Execution Team. The ideal candidate will provide support and guidance to the project execution team, which comprises of dedicated specialists for Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commercial and Project Management, to ensure successful completion of the project within the parameters of time, budget and quality. This covers the entire project lifecycle from development through execution to closeout. This position based in our Riyadh office, and will suit someone in a similar role and may require short-term assignments to our construction sites across Saudi Arabia.
What are my responsibilities?
- Assist the project team in the delivery of the project within the time, budget and cash targets and to the required high-quality standards, while optimizing profit margin, by supporting in claims/ Change management, from client or to partners, subcontractors etc.
- Perform proper risk and opportunity management activities, reference to any delays, claims or change management within the life cycle of the project.
- Participate in negotiations with clients, partners and/or subcontractors within pre-defined goals.
- Proven experience and lead in EOT claims, prelim costs, change management, Projects escalation claims, warranties extension with clients, partners, subcontractors
- Share lessons learned and best practice suggestions.
- Develop and maintain a constructive working relationship with clients, partners, subcontractors and internal line management to ensure smooth operation of the project.
· Ensuring compliance with corporate and business directives.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- A Bachelors’ Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Electrical Engineering)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering and Project Management within an EPC environment.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience and knowledge in regards to Construction Contract, Change and Contract Management
- Experience with drafting and negotiating contract amendments and settlement agreements.
- Experience within the Low Current systems preferred.
- Experience in working with geographically distributed project teams with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Able to show initiative and decisiveness, work well within a team environment and possess strong negotiation skills.
- Strong planning, organizing, and priority setting skills.
- Experience with Primavera or MS Project, Extension of Time (EOT) claims and forensic scheduling techniques.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 94512
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time