Global Head of Sales - Siemens Protection Devices - UK Wide
Due to internal progression, we are recruiting for a Global Head of Sales – Siemens Protection Devices. The successful person will be running the global Sales and Marketing function for Siemens Protection Devices within Siemens Digital Grid.
Change the future with us.
This role is a geographically flexible role however you will be required in the Hebburn office 2-3 days per week. There will also be approximately 1 week per month global travel.
Reporting directly to the SPD - Managing Director, the scope of your role will include:
- Building and directing a team capable of securing a significant share of the Utility and Industry market segment.
- Develop ‘Go to Market’ channel approach through sound market intelligence and understanding of Siemens portfolio, and innovation.
- Full representation of Siemens SPD portfolio at all levels within the market segment..
- Delivery of sales strategies and tactics to achieve business targets and achieve business new order targets.
- Creation of opportunity *Win strategies-, defining customer spend strategy, ambitious environment and identifying fiscal new orders and business development requirements.
- Delivery of TERP (Top Executive Relationship Programme) at both senior and middle management level.
- Ensure clear communication strategy at all levels of the Customers/Market.
- Responsible for overall order input budget and Business Development progress.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information..
- Responsible for SPD Order Intake Budgeting and Forecasts
- Drive approvals of key products with end users and coordinate new product launches on a global basis
- Grow business with combination of new customers, new territories and new products to the market.
What you need to make real what matters.
You will need to lead SPD business interests, running multiple complex internal interfaces, identify value propositions that add real value to the customers business and secure critical orders. You will be expected to engage senior level customer representatives and significantly influence their short, medium and long term strategies. You will have the ability to handle and secure large complex opportunities. We have our manufacturing in India and Germany for our numeric products.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds!
We want our Head of Sales to be leaders and creative; to identify new business opportunities and to be driven by achieving personal and business targets.
- Record of success in major sales
- Prior experience in Medium Voltage or Transmission or Power Automation
- Wide ranging commercial and contractual experience including end-to-end bid management.
- Track record of excellent communications, particularly with boardroom presentations.
- Experience in running and motivating a team
- Experience in crafting sales strategy and G2M approach
- Extensive senior experience in strategy, sales and marketing.
- Good understanding of the HV/MV/LV substations market.
- Good understanding of HV/MV/LV Transmission & Distribution technologies and application.
- Good understanding of the O&G and Industry market.
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to translate strategy, targets and customer needs into deliverable propositions.
- Ability to form and lead a team.
- Strong and ambitious personality capable of influencing external and internal partners.
- Standout colleague
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 94592
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time