Abschlussarbeit App Entwicklung für die Eisenbahn-Infrastrukturbewertung
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-orientedIn order to be able to operate successfully in the maintenance of rail transport systems, a high level of infrastructure availability must be ensured. The railway infrastructure, i.e. tracks, sleepers, overhead lines, switches, level crossings, and so on, is a key factor in determining the performance of the system. From a safety, economic and passenger comfort point of view, a failure-free condition of the infrastructure components is of vital importance.
- The objective of the thesis is to develop an app that uses the sensors available in the smartphone to quickly generate rudimentary and above all cost-effective information about the infrastructure.
- You will validate the use of smartphone data and, if necessary, contribute your own ideas and suggestions for adapting the concept.
- You analyze the environmental conditions and their effects on the sensors and determine the optimal recording situation.
- You record sensor data, sort them and make them available for subsequent processing by means of an app.
- To analyze the data you define an interface and explore the possibilities to include Open Data (e.g. weather data) in the analysis.
- You study computer science, data science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or a comparable course of studies.
- You have experience in app development for Android and know the Android Software Development Kit.
- Ideally, you have knowledge of measurement technology and sensor technology.
- You are enthusiastic about digitalization and data.
- Communication in German and English is easy for you.
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 94644
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time