Abschlussarbeit Smart Data Analytics auf Basis von Smartphonesensorik und Open Data
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
In order to be able to operate successfully in the maintenance of rail transport systems, a high level of infrastructure availability must be ensured. The railway infrastructure, i.e. tracks, sleepers, overhead lines, switches, level crossings, and so on, is a key factor in determining the performance of the system. From a safety, economic and passenger comfort point of view, a failure-free condition of the infrastructure components is of vital importance. An app has to be developed, which uses the sensor technology available in the smartphone, in order to enable fast, rudimentary and cost-effective assessments of the infrastructure.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- The objective of the thesis is to develop Smart Data Analytics for the evaluation of the infrastructure on the basis of smartphone sensor data.
- You prepare the test data of different smartphones and test tracks.
- You research the existing possibilities for the analysis of the corresponding data.
- You test the possibilities to include Open Data (e.g. weather data) in the analysis and create algorithms for data evaluation.
- You prepare the results and check whether they are suitable for edge/cloud computing.
- You study computer science, data science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or a comparable course of studies.
- Ideally, you have experience in data analysis with Spotfire.
- You are enthusiastic about digitization, data and data analysis.
- Communication in German and English is easy for you.
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 94645
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time