Software Maintenance and Support Engineer
How do you shape the future through Engineering? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow –the talented individuals ready to help our company transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Engineering.
This role is based in Rochester, Kent where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Our site in Rochester is bustling with new projects and we need someone
like you as our Software Maintenance and Support Engineer, to help us in managing
the in-house and third-party hardware and software systems we supply to high
end energy producers and consumers. Your work will be interesting and varied. One
day you might be providing technical support to site-based engineers and the
next you could be helping to update and maintain software solutions.
Change the future with us
- You will review customer requirements and produce technical solutions
- Assist with system design to enable technical proposals to be commercially structured
- Deliver products / solutions from specifications to budget and timescales
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- Although this is not a product / software development engineering role, in house developed products will require software maintenance – skills in OOP, C++, C# and .NET would be highly advantageous.
- The systems we supply are generally network connected – a good understanding of network device (switches, routers, serial server) configuration is an important part of this role.
- Experience working in the Power / Electricity Supply Industry. Alternatively, hardware / software design within an environment requiring extensive interfacing.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Occasional working away from home for a few days may be required from time to time.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants, in particular where part-time working is required.
Job ID: 94759
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either