Senior Director – Global Strategic Projects (m/w/diverse)
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Digital Industries (DI) offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated software and hardware, as well as technology-based consulting and services in order to support companies in the manufacturing and process industries worldwide in enhancing the flexibility, quality and efficiency of their processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As a member of Digital Industries’ (DI) Senior Management, you will build and lead a new powerful in-house consulting team. Through your leadership – this new unit will define and run global strategic projects to help DI cement its status as THE industry 4.0 market leader.
Furthermore, reporting to the Strategy Head of DI, you will be responsible for the following:
· You will develop strategies / business plans with clear goals, execution plans and metrics and actively identify road blocks. It is essential that you lead your team with a hands-on approach to ensure that things are moving in the right direction.
· Hire, develop and coach a team (approx.3-4 FTE) of senior business consultants
· Work closely with the DI C-suite to identify and define key strategic projects
· Partner with global DI Business Unit heads to identify mid- to long term initiatives; lead the execution and implementation of those projects
· Establish yourself as the face of DI internal consulting through excellent leadership of projects such as: white-space analyses, new market assessments, future portfolio development, optimization initiatives, regional and vertical concepts etc.…
· You will provide regular situational analyses to DI’s C-level stakeholders, keeping everybody appraised on DI’s current and potential businesses, markets, customers, opportunities & risks
· Ensure that your team has a firm understanding of each project to identify KPIs, monitor performance and drive corrective actions
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
· Bachelor, Master or PhD in Business Engineering, Electrical Engineering, IT
· A top-tier (5-7 years) professional background in management consulting
· Strong exposure to- or experience in software / hardware development
· Highly flexible for global travel and going the extra mile
· Several years of team leadership experience in an international management consulting context
· Strong understanding of DI’s strategic rationale, value propositions, markets and competitors
· Highly skilled in conceptual thinking – to identify and lead the execution of projects
· Excellent communication & professional networking skills
· Professional experience abroad (outside of home country) is a definite plus
· Strong ability to lead, coach and develop teams
· Strong presentation skills; ability to manage C-level stakeholders
· Excellent problem-solving abilities
· Strong intercultural sensitivity and ability to work with teams and stakeholders around the globe
· Fluent in English – additional languages are always beneficial
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying.
+49 (9131) 7-35335
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Amin Hopfinger
if you would like to find out more about the application process and benefits for employees. Siemens places great value on equal employment opportunities. We look forward to receiving applications from handicapped people and thus support the initiative “job – Jobs ohne Barrieren”.
Job ID: 94782
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time