Field Engineer (Technical Support / Technical Assistance Engineer)
Siemens Engines is looking for a field engineer who would join a service team that provides worldwide support of the Siemens Engines portfolio.
- Worldwide Commissioning of the products and respective ancillaries that integrate a great variety and diversity of Projects. In site or indirect/remote support of very relevant customers and partners.
- Check and adjust the units to ensure the correct operation and performance of the projects. Different type of technologies and fuels such as, natural gas gasification, biogas, biomethanization, syngas processes ... and liquid fuels such as diesel, biodiesel and MDO amongst others.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and implement solutions to the issues detected at devices under the scope of supply, such as gas and diesel engines, control and power panels, alternators, water and oil pumps, heat exchangers, frequency inverters, heat recovery boilers, 3 way valves, gasifiers, Scadas, others. Determine parts and manpower reach.
- Analyze and report problems identified in the field and the solutions adopted, integrated into the quality management of the company. Collaborate as part of the team to watch the behavior and adequacy of the product to the market need.
- Collaborate with R&D and Engineering areas promoting and implementing process improvements internally and externally, in the area of control, automation, power electronics, applied electricity, motors, generators and other components dedicated to the field of power generation and cogeneration and any other of our applications.
- Detect new technologies that could be implemented onto our product.
- Provide support to the technical areas of the organization as well as to distributors and customers, providing technological solutions to the needs identified and raised in the area of responsibility.
- Direct and coordinate the technical activities of the staff at their charge (staff of client or distributor), motivating and evaluating performance.
- Comply with the Health Safety and Environmental company standards.
- Develop and provide management information necessary for the performance of the functions of its activity and that which is requested by the Department, bringing to the address the needs in terms of staff, resources and / or training, working in the extent deemed appropriate in the detailed definition of the same and in the implementation of the solutions adopted.
- Collaborate with other company business units, departments and peers in order to reinforce and empower our company organization to meet customer needs.
- Academic Studies
- Preferable: Senior Engineer, Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic. Chief Naval Engineer. Certificate of Higher Education (HNC) Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic.
- Spanish, English, Advanced
- Automation & Controls, Office Software Utilities, Automotive degrees, CHP, others related to our industry.
- EHS topics
- At least 2-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Communication Skills
- Relationship and Commitment
- Flexible and Adaptive
- Team-work, team building
Job ID: 94813
Organization: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time