Commercial Project Manager
Commercial Project Manager
Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
The Mobility Division provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Rolling Stock and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are looking for professional people who want to work on these challenges.
- Commercial Project Manager (CPM) is a key finance member of the project execution team that partners with the Project Manager (PM) to ensure successful performance of customer projects in terms of cost, schedule, and overall performance.
- The goal of the CPM is to provide transparent and consistent cost controlling and reporting which allows the project team to identify potential areas to improve a project’s profitability.
- The CPM ensures that internal processes and the project-specifically defined processes and regulations are consistently adhered to during the project.
- Most important commercial function in international project business
- Ensures the compliance with the LoA guidelines for all commercial aspects.
- Ensures the accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such in the appropriate systems, e.g. SAP - ensures compliance with Siemens-FRG plus the local Gaap requirements. Ensures all related Project Reporting and Controlling activities.
- Coordination of legal, fiscal and insurance subjects between the Siemens companies involved
- Responsible for summarized global reporting to the relevant Management level
- Documentation in line with the mandatory internal and external requirements
- Actively communicates with customer's commercial representatives and manages solving of commercial issues incl. Agreement on contractual amendments with regard to the scope of supplies and services, prices, deadlines or other contractually stipulated conditions
- Responsible to set up a contract and claim management in the project, including involvement and cooperation with the assigned contract manager.
- Drives together with the PM the identification, evaluation and assessment of risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities and taking over the full responsibility with respect to all commercial risks and opportunities.
- Project Planning – involves participating in Bid
& Proposal activities as well as preparing order intake calculations
upon contract award; Typical planning tasks also include preparing
and maintaining project budgets for the base project and follow on change
orders throughout the life cycle of a project.
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a finance related field
- Project Management Certification
- At least 8 years of relevant commercial experience, especially on infra-structure projects
- Experience of working in multinational companies would be a plus
- Knowledge of SAP is a definite advantage
- Analytical, self-initiative and team player with good communication skill
- Well-versed in PC Software / Applications
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
Job ID: 94930
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time