Location: Naroda, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Ensure Installation of Pipe Spools as per Piping & Instrumentation Drawing, Equipment Arrangement Drawing and Piping Isometrics. He is responsible for certifying that all the Pipe Spools and Piping supports are properly aligned and free from any stresses. He is responsible for fabrication of Pipe Spools at site if needed and sent in Tag weld condition from the manufacturing plant.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PIPING SUPERVISOR
- Shop / Site management for handling Piping related activities
- Weld procedure Qualification & review of weld plan as per drawings.
- Ensure Piping spools are properly aligned and free of any stress as per international standards.
- Pressure Vessel & Heat exchanger & Air cooled Heat exchangers inspection as per ASME/API Code.
- Inspection of piping component like flanges, fittings, pipes and Piping valves and report any discrepancy noted at site.
- Corrective & Preventive Actions for Quality issues related to piping.
- Prepare checklist for Erection & commissioning of Piping as per D-R standards, Drawings and related specifications.
- Reading and Interpretation of Package Engineering drawings like P&I Diagram, General Arrangement, Foundation Plan, piping plan and piping isometric drawings.
- Keep up-to-date, optimize time for piping erection processes, plan for strategic improvements, and maximize company profitability.
- Ability to demonstrate process control during Piping Erection and Modification if require at site.
- Drive the RCA investigation of Quality incidents at site if any.
- Execute data analysis and reporting from the site Quality Incident and monitoring processes.
- Participate in internal and external client inspections at site during Erection & Commissioning.
- Participate in kick off meetings with Client before site activities.
- Ensure Safety, Environments and Quality Compliance at site.
- Report site progress along with technical and safety concerns if any.
- Coordination and planning of activities along with Piping contractor
- Communication with customer, supplier and with the head office team as per site as per requirement
- Attend and resolve site related issues for successful erection of Pipe Spools.
20. Arranging of any of the shipments required to overcome site requirements or discrepancies.
- Manage project scope via Contract Change Authorizations (CCA), upselling D-R products and services, as per site requirements of customer.
- Conduct lessons learnt for the issues related to Piping erection.
- Providing all the required inputs for carrying out of the RCA in case of requirements..
- Communicate effectively with clients, project team members and all levels of the organization.
- Update operation team on the project progress and observations.
- Extensive travel to sites sometimes with a short notice.
SCOPE & DIMENSIONS:
- Responsible for fabrication and Erection of Pipe Spools.
- Responsible for all quality Inspection related to Pipe Spool manufacturing
- Resolving issues related to misalignment of Pipe Spools both at shop floor level and at site .
- Resolving issue related to Piping Vibration
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Operational knowledge/ understanding of compressors.
- A minimum of 5 years in Erection / Commissioning of Piping at site Supervisor position within a technology organization, preferably within Oil & Gas industry.
- Awareness of AWS Certification / SCWI certification
- Understanding and working with highest safety standards.
- Familiar with ISO management system, AWS, ASME, ASTM, API and other industrial codes related to Piping & fabrication.
- Awareness for weld-map with WPS-PQR for carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex steel, Nickle alloys, and cupronickel materials.
- Proficiency in the application of computerized systems, including standard business applications (i.e.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong bias for following processes and continual process improvement
- Strong sense of time urgency for critical-path project items, milestones, and key project deliverables
12. Bachelors in Mechanical or Fabrication Engineering or equivalent experience at least 5-10 years working experience in Oil and Gas , piping field.
ADDITIONAL POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Domestic and International Travel required
- Extensive travelling and sometimes for longer duration.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 95010
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time