Control Centers Project Engineer
Siemens Mobility is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. With our long-standing transport expertise and our IT know-how, we are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and improve passenger experience. It’s in how we electrify, automate and digitalize infrastructure that we’re setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s mobility.
Siemens Mobility is looking for a Control Centers Engineer for Customer Projects in Engineering Department. The Control Centers Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of Control Centers Systems for Main Line and Mass Transit Worldwide Mobility projects.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
The Control Centers Engineer elaborates the specific design for customer projects based on the project requirements. He/she develops technical specifications, defines project software and hardware architecture, manuals and deployment, testing and commissioning procedures. He/she manages and supports other engineering teams, and must interface to Stakeholders, Partners and Customers regarding project specific topics.
Use your skills and abilities to move the world forward.
• Management and traceability of requirements along the project life cycle.
• Design specific Control Centers solutions for projects according to customer, product, safety and security requirements.
• Implement, test and commission complex hardware and software solutions.
• Provide customer training.
• Provide support to the installation and maintenance works.
• Collaborate in Planning and Management for project activities.
• Attend technical meetings with partners, customer or other companies.
• Manage works in multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that goals, objectives, and timelines, are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
• Ensure design, implementation, tests and commissioning, meet project requirements including formal review meetings, communicating project status, identifying and reporting any possible risk.
• Communication and collaboration with other engineering areas and Mobility departments.
• Proactively identifies areas of innovation, opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
• University or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering or equivalent,
• Knowledge in C and Java programming language and environment.
• Desktop and server platforms based on Windows and UNIX/Linux.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to foster effective work in a cross-functional, multinational and diverse environment.
• Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Continuous improvement mind-set as a must.
• Goal driven with customer orientation and team leadership.
• Good communicative and integrative skills, both written and oral. Our systems are developed in the context of large railway infrastructures and in international and multi-technology environments, where it is necessary to develop system integrations in heterogeneous environments, both human and technical.
• Fluent Spanish spoken and written.
• English: B2 or equivalent, mandatory.
• Work experience in a similar function required.
• Willingness to travel worldwide when required.
Experience in the following technologies and fields of knowledge will be valued:
• Requirements management and systems engineering (tools type DOORS, Reqtify or similar).
• Application of RAMS requirements during the development of projects.
• Knowledge in CENELEC (or similar standards) product development lifecycle.
• Knowledge in railway systems and technology.
• Integration of Control Centers in railway systems.
• Specific knowledge of SCADA type systems and remote control of industrial plant, integrating heterogeneous systems.
• Knowledge and experience developing in C and Java programming language and environment.
• Protocols and communication networks over TCP / IP.
• Communications protocols for industrial control (OPC and similar).
• IT systems (Servers, clustering and high availability IT architectures, databases, SAN storage, NAS, etc.).
• Cybersecurity-related knowledge.
La Diversidad en Siemens es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
Job ID: 95060
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time