Site Assembly Technician
Site Assembly Technician
Location: Naroda, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Getting involved during assembly and testing of the Compressor followed by Packaging activities at works and subsequently responsible for Erection and Commissioning of Compressor Packages at customer sites. Responsible till warranty of the equipment has expired or proper hand over to Product Service team is completed.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
1. Hand on experience on Compressor Assembly and other Auxiliary system like Lube Oil Console, Cooling Water Console, Gas Seal Panels etc.
- Responsible for preparation of site schedule for every Project in consultation with job Project Manager.
- Responsible for complete site management in case of turnkey Projects where Erection and Commissioning is complete responsibility of the Company.
- Involvement during assembly and testing of Compressor and further Packaging activities related to the Package at works.
- Understanding of the Project requirements and equipment’s associated in the respective project.
- Responsible for visiting sites for supply verifications and GRN preparation with Client.
- Supervise the site installation activities of Compressor Package and prepare reports in D-R format on regular basis. Ensure that site installation activities are completed on time.
- Ensuring safety of the equipment and site personal at site and raising Safety alert to Client or internal team members in case of non-safe practices are adopted at site.
- Coordination with the Suppliers for installation assistance requirements.
- Understanding of API and ASME requirements as per project requirement.
- Attend and resolve site related issues for successful commissioning of the project.
- Arrange material with help of Supply Chain or other internal departments if needed at site in case of any discrepancy or short supplies.
- Provide inputs to Project Manager for additional service or material required by Client in order to additional scope via Contract Change Authorizations (CCA), upselling D-R products and services, as per site requirements of customer.
- Conduct lessons learnt for the project installation and commissioning.
- Coordination with the various internal and external team members for RCA requirements.
- Providing all the required necessary inputs for carrying out of the RCA in case of such requirement.
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal to effectively deal with clients, project team members and all other stakeholders.
- Lead and handle Turn Key project, for which it would be required for getting stationed at Project site for long duration.
- Extensive travel to sites sometimes with a short notice.
- Coordination and imparting Customer training at site or at Plant as per Project requirement
- Drive the RCA investigation for Quality incidents
- Reading and Interpretation of Package Engineering drawings like P&I Diagram, General Arrangement, Foundation Plan, piping plan and piping isometric drawings
SCOPE & DIMENSIONS
- Installation and commissioning of compressor packages.
- Compressor assembly and testing.
- Ability to understand and interpret the site issue and rectify same on his own
- Coordination with internal agencies so that issues observed during site erection and commissioning are not repeated in new dispatches from the Company.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Hands on experience of the centrifugal and reciprocating compressors.
- Assembly knowledge and hands on experience of Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors.
- Site working experience with Oil and Gas Industry
- Working knowledge of industry standards, such as API, ASME, etc.
- Understanding and working with highest safety standards.
- Knowledge of equipment installation and alignment practices.
- Proficiency in the application of computerized systems, including standard business applications (i.e.MS Office)
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong bias for following processes and continual process improvement
- Strong sense of time urgency for critical-path project items, milestones, and key project deliverables
- Diploma / Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5-10 years working experience in Oil and Gas , Heavy machinery manufacturing industry or Industry of similar nature
ADDITIONAL POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
- Domestic and International Travel required
- Extensive travelling and sometimes for longer duration.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 95071
Organization: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time