Commercial Lawyer - An excellent opportunity to join Saudi legal Team
About the Role
At Siemens, we are on a constant search for bright and innovative minds to fill our ranks. If you are a fast learner, creative, able to work with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams and have a strong desire to be a winner, please apply online at https://jobs.siemens-info.com. We are currently looking for an experienced commercial lawyer to join our legal team in Saudi Arabia. This is an excellent career development opportunity for Saudi legal professionals looking to be part of a true international business in either Riyadh or Dammam offices.
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide business-oriented legal solutions and advice mainly to Business Units of our Gas and Power business and to our Corporate Departments in Saudi Arabia.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of contracts and other legal documents.
- Review and analyze tender documents in public and private tenders; and provide pragmatic recommendations to appropriately address identified risks and opportunities.
- Provide holistic legal input to structured enterprise risk management processes.
- Professionally manage claims during contract/project execution phase to mitigate risks and capture opportunities.
- Handle commercial disputes in a smart and economical manner through a variety of conflict resolution mechanisms such as settlement negotiations, ADR, arbitration, and litigation.
- Properly retain and manage outside counsel where additional external legal support is needed.
- Ensure a timely and systematic corporate housekeeping for our local Gas and Power subsidiary ISCOSA Industries and Maintenance Ltd.
- Establish yourself as a trusted strategic advisor to the executive management of the local Gas and Power business.
- Pro-actively collaborate with experts from other departments and with Legal and Compliance team members from Siemens Headquarters and other countries on cross-functional and cross-border topics.
- Contribute to an excellent knowledge management within both our Saudi Legal team and our global Legal community through creation and communication of up-to-date knowledge assets such as automated templates, interactive quick guides, key lessons learned, etc.
- Prepare and deliver effective onsite and online legal trainings to our sales, procurement, and other staff.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Excellent academic legal background; additional overseas education from an accredited law school is a plus.
· At least 5 years of relevant in-house or reputable law firm PQE; strong background in commercial contracts (especially in complex projects, long-term services, and plant operation and maintenance contexts) and litigation experience in various Saudi courts is a plus.
· In-depth knowledge of and sufficient work experience in dealing with relevant commercial/corporate laws and regulations in B2B driven environments.
· Flexible, solution-oriented, pro-active, hands-on, and self-motivated attitude, good business acumen, and the capability of providing both operational and strategic legal guidance.
· Outstanding communication skills and ability to work effectively with team members and cross-functional partners from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
· Strong analytical, learning, research, drafting, and negotiation skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic corporate environment.
· Professional ethics and identification with Siemens company values.
· Proficiency in working with relevant software such as MS Office; a genuine interest for new trends in legal technology is a plus.
· Business-fluency in written and spoken English;
· Flexibility to travel.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity; and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. Applicants with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com.sa.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 95225
Organisation: Legal and Compliance
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time