Project Management Graduate - Coventry
This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Management Graduate wanting to work in a rotational role. This is a two year graduate scheme which consists of typically four placements in key areas of the business. Placements that Project Management Graduates can get involved in include; project management, engineering, commercial project management, site project delivery, and tendering.
During this programme, you will proactively learn about our industry, the Siemens Rail Electrification business and the specific project management processes, methods and practices employed to deliver high quality projects in a safe and efficient manner. This should enable you to be well placed at the end of the programme to undertake a professional role within our project management organisation.
Siemens Rail Electrification undertakes a full range of projects within the rail electrification industry, as well as within the emerging market for electrification of public road transport. Siemens develops and brings to market the latest power supply products and systems, and applies these to projects around the UK. We undertake projects that renew and / or enhance the power infrastructure of our clients with full end-to-end project delivery that includes consultancy & modelling, equipment supply, installation, test & commissioning, and after sales support.
- Supporting Siemens project teams in areas such as:
- Monitoring progress of our own, and supplier, works.
- Collating and presenting commercial information (such as costs and forecast spend).
- Managing output of engineering deliverables
- Providing relevant information to clients such as programme updates and reports.
- Taking responsibility for the safe, on time, and on budget delivery of small work packages.
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional institution.
- With support of the business, taking professional qualifications, such as those offered by the Association for Project Management.
- Proactively learning the scope of supply of the Siemens Rail Electrification business, including familiarisation with our product range, supply chain, customers and capabilities.
- Ensuring all work is undertaken safely, and minimises negative impacts on our environment and neighbours.
- Ensuring all work is undertaken in line with Siemens processes and procedures.
Training and Development:
Our graduate programme aims to balance the level of courses and formal training with practical opportunities and we feel this will give you an excellent start for your career. As well as role specific training, you will take part in the Siemens Graduate Development Programme.
- Degree qualified, awarded at 2:1 or above.
- Degree can be in Project Management, Engineering, or relevant related subjects. Candidates will want to progress their career in Project Management
- Ability to work, communicate effectively and report at all levels within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Flexible and proactive approach to work, and ability to prioritise and manage your time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgments.
- Willingness to travel across the UK and occasionally abroad for project meetings and FAT attendance.
- Willingness to spend extended durations on placement at other UK locations during the graduate rotation scheme.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Visio).
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 95275
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time