Risk Manager (Credit underwriting & Portfolio management)
Join us at Siemens Financial Services as a Risk Manager based in Stoke Poges head office, to liaise and assist our Sales teams in the preparation and structuring of typical transaction sizes of greater than £250k; to underwrite new business within delegated authority levels and/or prepare recommendations for consideration by senior underwriting authorities; to prepare ratings on new and existing business customers in line with group policy.
Part of a team of 5, you will report to our Senior Risk Manager. Transactions will originate from External / Internal Sales including Siemens, Industry, Healthcare, Block Discounting and Vendor schemes.
What are my responsibilities?
- Performing high quality and timely credit underwriting of new business transactions
- Performing high quality and timely analysis to produce recommendations for submission to Lending Authority holders, particularly the SFS Investment Committee
- Conduct regular reviews of existing Operational guidelines/customers/ groups/ vendors in accordance with company policy
- Provide appropriate advice to sales teams to ensure that commercial opportunities are maximised without compromising effective risk management
- Develop effective, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and engage directly with end-users, introducers and other counterparties as business requirements demand
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are met
- To attend Lean process improvement training and actively apply the methodology within the day to day responsibilities with a willingness to embrace change, contributing new and better ways of working to support the continual improvement culture.
What do I need to do to qualify for the role?
- Proven track record in underwriting within asset finance / leasing / banking industry
- Sound knowledge of asset finance products, structures, pricing/time value of money and documentation
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of interpretation of financial statements for different types of legal entity, principles of lending and risk assessment
- Understand the P&L impact of quality underwriting decisions
- Good communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrate analysis skills; planning and organising; able to prioritise workload effectively
- Previous experience and working knowledge of continuous improvement best practise
Job ID: 95277
Organisation: Financial Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time