Wiring and Mechanical Assembly Operator
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems - Smart systems. Smart traffic. Thinking mobility further through adaptable and modular solutions.
We are looking for a Wiring and Mechanical Assemby Operator to join our Traffic factory in the sunny Poole. We are looking for someone who has experience in working in a similar Operations Assembly role and has good practical understanding of the various processes and procedure's compatible with achieving flexibility and appropriate quality standards within the Operations manufacturing Cell system.
- Recognising the type and value of common components and materials
- Using, understanding and caring for all tools and equipment within the Cell
- Working knowledge of all relevant Operations documentation related to the manufacture or assembly of items within the Cell product range
- Understanding and following the correct application of Mechanical fixings and their relevant torque requirements
- Carrying out mechanical build making any adjustments as required to sub-assemblies, cabinets and ancillary equipment of varying batch sizes using appropriate jigs and fixtures
- Terminating cable forms or carrying out point to point wiring of sub-assemblies, cases, cabinets and ancillary equipment of varying batch sizes using appropriate jigs and fixtures
- Carrying out self-inspection of own work to the recognised standards
- Keeping abreast with local Health and Safety procedures and practises
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- Experience in an Operations Assembly Operator role would be preferred
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent communication skills and being able to interact at all levels
- Interpersonal skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 95301
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time