Product Lifecycle Manager, Battery Storage
The Product Manager is responsible for product planning, delivery and marketing throughout the product lifecycle. They will develop a vision and roadmap for the product based on input from internal stakeholders, customers, market research and their own industry insight. They will work closely with HQ in Germany, Development/Engineering and other teams to deliver products that align with this vision, meet market needs and are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard. They will develop a forecast for the product based on input from marketing, sales, market analysts and their own experience and manage its delivery. They will identify the key benefits and value of products. This will be used to create and maintain marketing plans and collateral (including web updates, product training materials and sales training).
Battery Storage Specific
- Provide the expertise development of an end to end Battery Energy Storage Systems.
- technical and commercial positioning
- Battery Energy Storage Systems to include an end to end solutions including:
- Power requirement, Network evaluation and critical power implementation
- familiar with exporting power / demand linking / PPAs / Community tariffs / private networks
- Demand side control(s) and Software systems
- Management of Commercial projects from initial system design
through permissions, financing and build to project commissioning.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Manage the product throughout its lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Collect, manage and maintain traceability of requirements from all stakeholders across product releases
- Write financial business cases for investments and gain internal approval
- Propose a product marketing plan and budget and then deliver against it
- Write Product Requirements and Market Requirements documents
- Work with internal stakeholders and third parties to assess and establish partnerships
- Be the recognised expert in the business on your product, the market, relevant technology and the competition.
- Develop core positioning and messaging for the product with compelling value propositions.
- Perform product demos to customers and develop relationships in key clients (B2B)
- Lead the virtual product team to ensure delivery of agreed objectives
- Monitor, report and improve product performance
- Brief analysts and the press
- Run alpha and beta testing programs, develop and deliver go to market launch plans
- Channel management and support
- Commission market and competitor research
- Promote the product to sales teams through sales training sessions, update briefings, newsletters and other mechanisms
- Develop and deliver training to technical sales support
- Manage development and marketing projects to deliver to plan
- Collate feedback from sales and customers
- Represent the voice of the customer in senior level management meetings
- Evangelise the product internally and externally
- Be recognised as a leader in the business and build relations with business stakeholders
- Deliver a regular (e.g. monthly) volume, revenue and profit forecasts
- Create portfolio specifications that address all components of the marketing mix (product features, target price, promotion, placement) and that highlight key USPs.
- Positioning Siemens to its strengths, whilst identifying suppliers and partners as required to support either portfolio development or market entry.
- Maintain ongoing monitoring of the market during the project to effect timely decision making and successful implementation.
- Proactively drive market engagement through interactions / visibility in appropriate forums and customer engagements and shape the Siemens market entry strategy
- Act as the subject matter lead, providing expert advice to all internal departments as the project moves through its development and implementation phases.
- Provide support information on all aspects of the portfolio features, technically and commercially, whilst supporting the implementation of the operational environment through all production and delivery releases.
- Manage business segment, to achieve cost budget, sales budget and pipeline as well as market share.
- Set, own and manage product scorecards that calculate and evaluate against KPI’s relevant to his/her products and the delivery requirements.
- Passionate about product management and the market
- Experience in product management
- Experience in the market
- Demonstrated success defining, launching and managing products
- Thorough knowledge of technology relating to the product
- Demonstrated track record in developing product strategies
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to deliver
- Commercial and customer focussed
- Attention to detail
- Strong negotiating skills
- Able to network and develop key relationships at all levels
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Able to travel 65% of the time (if required)
· Batchelor Degree or equivalent In Electrical or Power Electronics Engineering
· Relevant industry training and qualifications
· Experience in providing project support to all major company contracts and ensuring company maintains regulatory compliance along with 3rd party accreditations; BS EN ISO 9001: 2008, BS EN ISO 14001:2004
· Budget and P&L control experience.
· Experience in PQQ, bid preparation, bid management, contract negotiations
· Background experience in one or more of the following : Industry ,Renewable Energy, Power Electronics, UK Grid & Distribution Networks / emerging local / micro grids.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car benefit. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 95366
Organization: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time