IT Field Support Engineer - an excellent opportunity for Iraqi IT professionals - Baghdad office
Our IT support team is looking to hire an Iraqi national to join our Baghdad office for the challenging role as an IT Field Support Engineer (12 months contract) where you will take responsibility to provide quality assistance on site to users supporting the service desk at all any level including service providers.
This is a 12 month contract with the option to extend the engagement for longer period.
What are my responsibilities?
- On-site workplace support providing assistance as technician or "remote hands" to the service desk agents, second and third level support, or service providers like ICC/ACC/third party suppliers.
- Activities included in scope but not limited to: VIP support, Supervision of on-site activities of providers including all workplace, data center on-site activities, Information Security Support for ISA, Fixed Voice and Mobile Communication support topics, asset management, etc.
- Reports/Escalates to the Service Desk Manager on any issue that could significantly impact the business at its facility/site
- On-site support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as smartphones, Laptops, PCs and Printers
- When requested by the Service Desk Manager, represents IT at the site / facility Support:
- As part of the Service Desk team, this role will help the Service Desk team on the field on any process that that could require the local presence at the site.
- Interacts with third party suppliers for managing warranties on site
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- IT study or equivalent qualification from reputable University or college
- First working experience in similar IT support function with field / on-site engagement
- Strong customers focus orientation rounded by drive to deliver quality work.
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups
- Basic knowledge of PC, Server hardware architecture
- Methodologies: solid knowledge of ITIL V3 basic experience within the discipline of IT service management (ITSM) as defined by the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- High flexibility to travel to different sites across Iraq
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good level of English in bot verbal and in writing
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 95381
Organisation: Global Services
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time