Product Lifecycle Manager, EV Charging
The Product Manager is responsible for product planning, delivery and marketing throughout the product lifecycle. They will develop a vision and roadmap for the product based on input from internal stakeholders, customers, market research and their own industry insight. They will work closely with HQ in Germany, Development/Engineering and other teams to deliver products that align with this vision, meet market needs and are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard. They will develop a forecast for the product based on input from marketing, sales, market analysts and their own experience and manage its delivery. They will identify the key benefits and value of products. This will be used to create and maintain marketing plans and collateral (including web updates, product training materials and sales training).
· Provide the expertise development of an end to end EV Charging Service business.
o Provide Product Life Cycle Management from concept through to initial market entry and business establishment inclusive of :process design, product specification and selection, partner evaluation, technical and commercial positioning
· EV Charging services to include an end to end solutions including:
o Power requirement, Network evaluation and critical power implementation
o metering systems with associated communications
o Charging system implementation with Load management
o Account management for billing / usage management and
o Financing solutions
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Manage the product throughout its lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Collect, manage and maintain traceability of requirements from all stakeholders across product releases
- Write financial business cases for investments and gain internal approval
- Propose a product marketing plan and budget and then deliver against it
- Write Product Requirements and Market Requirements documents
- Work with internal stakeholders and third parties to assess and establish partnerships
- Be the recognised expert in the business on your product, the market, relevant technology and the competition.
- Develop core positioning and messaging for the product with compelling value propositions.
- Perform product demos to customers and develop relationships in key clients (B2B)
- Lead the virtual product team to ensure delivery of agreed objectives
- Set pricing.
- Monitor, report and improve product performance
- Brief analysts and the press
- Run alpha and beta testing programs, develop and deliver go to market launch plans
- Channel management and support
- Commission market and competitor research
- Promote the product to sales teams through sales training sessions, update briefings, newsletters and other mechanisms
- Develop and deliver training to technical sales support
- Manage development and marketing projects to deliver to plan
- Collate feedback from sales and customers
- Represent the voice of the customer in senior level management meetings
- Evangelise the product internally and externally
- Be recognised as a leader in the business and build relations with business stakeholders
- Deliver a regular (e.g. monthly) volume, revenue and profit forecasts
- Develop a strategic plan / roadmap of portfolio options to establish Siemens as a major provider of EV charging solutions in the UK and Ireland.
- Provide detailed market evaluation of the range of EV Market opportunities to support the creation and co-ordination of key portfolio requirements, particularly for early market entry solutions.
- Create portfolio specifications that address all components of the marketing mix (product features, target price, promotion, placement) and that highlight key USPs.
- Positioning Siemens to its strengths, whilst identifying suppliers and partners as required to support either portfolio development or market entry.
- Maintain ongoing monitoring of the market during the project to effect timely decision making and successful implementation.
- Proactively drive market engagement through interactions / visibility in appropriate forums and customer engagements and shape the Siemens market entry strategy in the UK EV Charging Services market.
- Act as the subject matter lead, providing expert advice to all internal departments as the project moves through its development and implementation phases.
- Provide support information on all aspects of the portfolio features, technically and commercially, whilst supporting the implementation of the operational environment through all production and delivery releases.
- Manage business segment, to achieve cost budget, sales budget and pipeline as well as market share.
- Set, own and manage product scorecards that calculate and evaluate against KPI’s relevant to his/her products and the delivery requirements.
- Passionate about product management and the market
- Experience in product management
- Demonstrated success defining, launching and managing products
- Thorough knowledge of technology relating to the product
- Demonstrated track record in developing product strategies
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to deliver
- Commercial and customer focussed
- Attention to detail
- Strong negotiating skills
- Able to network and develop key relationships at all levels
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to motivate and drive cross-functional
- Batchelor Degree or equivalent In Electrical or Power Electronics Engineering
- Relevant industry training and qualifications
- Management experience of EV Charging business development and ensuring applicable legislative and design criteria is applied.
- Strong understanding of EV Charging scheme design and operating criteria, including the design of metering systems including associated communications, data collection, billing, prepayment, online Apps, billing and customer management, as well as the customers’ and potential customers’ drivers.
- Strategic understanding of the development of UK EV Charging market and future of energy networks. Well connected with UK energy industry / government contacts / policy and Knowledge of the Global EV Charging market.
- Proven track record of design and delivery of EV Charging projects (in UK)
- Experience in providing project support to all major company contracts and ensuring company maintains regulatory compliance along with 3rd party accreditations; BS EN ISO 9001: 2008, BS EN ISO 14001:2004
- Budget and P&L control experience.
- Experience in PQQ, bid preparation, bid management, contract negotiations
- Background experience in one or more of the following : Industry, Renewable Energy, Power Electronics, UK Grid & Distribution Networks / emerging local / micro grids.
Job ID: 95406
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time