Information Security Officer
Job title: Information Security Officer
Information Security is one foundation for consistent business as it helps protecting information, IT infrastructure and applications as well as promoting adequate human behavior. With our risk-based approach we systematically derive Information Security measures from business needs and risks.
The Information Security Community is a trusted partner and consultant for our business to protect our information and IT assets. Key tasks are supporting, implementing and controlling an adequate information security landscape. This includes people as well as technology to protect critical assets while ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of information, based on asset classification and risk acceptance by the business. Continuous awareness, openness and agility as well as immediate action in case of incidents are essential to counteract threats.
Change the future with us.
- The ISO is responsible for the implementation and execution of the Siemens Security mandates and projects within the assigned responsibility in full alignment with the Global Information Security Strategy under the direction of the Country Group Information Security Officer (CG ISO)
- Support in executing Information Security Business Proximity tasks & projects which primarily includes assisting CG ISO in coordinating & consulting with business and extending support as required.
- Support in implementing and executing of all ISEC processes (including risk management / ERM, Asset Classification and Protection process, ISEC Awareness Campaigns, ISA Engagement Programs and Training, etc.) in area of responsibility
- Collaborate with Division & Business Unit ISMs / ISAs to ensure full coverage of all ISEC Business Proximity topics in the area of responsibility in order to drive risk transparency, threat and impact awareness, identification of assets that need to be protected as well as creation and implementation of required Protection Concepts
- Identification of ISEC consulting demand/needs of local business partners and/or local IT Management and to secure respective support through collaboration with Country Group ISO, Regional Operations Coordination Team and ISEC Delivery Perfection
- Support in adhering to ISEC compliance within the organization
- Responsible for country specific ISEC Incident Handling in accordance with the established process
- Executes and coordinate all ISEC activities in area of responsibility as assigned by the CG ISO
- Support and drive collaboration within common interest groups including IT, ISEC, GM Sec and Business
What you need to make real what matters.
- Educational Background: MCA / MSC / BE
- Working Knowledge in an MNC for at least 8-10 years with fair exposure to Information Security and InfoSec Compliance, has broader knowledge on InfoSec touch points covering IT Infrastructure and Application
- Highly analytical and effectively able to tackle and prioritize need & issue as applicable
- Should have deep understanding of business processes, service management & service provider management
- Good communication skills, as well as computer proficiency required particularly in Windows and Microsoft Office products
- An effective communicator with exceptional analytical, technical, negotiation and relationship management skills with the ability to relate to people at any level of business and management
- Experience in implementing IT Applications or Information security topics is desirable
- Perform IT Application Asset Classification and Protection Process
- Experience on leading business partner access (BPA), data leakage prevention (DLP), vulnerability management, incident management etc.
- Basic knowledge in organizing ISEC awareness programs, Walkthrough audits, Deficiency analysis etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Mumbai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 95509
Organisation: Global Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time