Bid Project Manager/Senior Bid Project Manager
The Senior Bid Project Manager / Bid Project Manager will assemble and lead a team of experts to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. The projects which you will be involved are some of the largest and most complex around the world in this industry. They are usually worth £100m+ and are therefore extremely challenging.
You will be responsible for managing an opportunity from qualification through to contract award, including value proposition / strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification and risk management. Responsibilities include introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.
- To manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Manage the bid budget
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
- Must be an excellent communicator, to liaise with both internal and external clients
- Hand over the project to the project manager once the contract has been signed.
We are looking for someone who has proven capability in delivering winning, multi-million pound project opportunities who must be comfortable working at CEO / Director Level (internal and external customers). They will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace and have sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage complex, multi-worksteam opportunities while maintaining a solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
Job ID: 95556
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time