Software-Verantwortlicher (m/w/d) im Embedded-Umfeld
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- We strengthen our rapid growing team by the challenging position of a SW responsible.
- You are responsible for the implementation and engineering of radio SW along the whole project and product lifetime in time.
- You are responsible for SW maintenance of the dedicated radio products and solutions.
- You are leading SW development and adaptation for new HW platforms in close collaboration with product management.
- You are evaluating new technologies and concepts and include them in the product life cycle
- Based on the customer requirements you elaborate use and business cases as well as system specifications as part of the SW architecture.
- During the development you control the work progress and evaluate the results. This includes the control of internal and external suppliers.
- You support project by provision, test and integration of SW packages.
- You develop innovative applications from the prototype status (minimal viable product) to a mature product.
- Master degree in communication technology, computer science, electrical engineering or similar.
- Relevant knowledge in the fields of communication technology or computer science or a PHD degree are beneficial.
- Very good skills in network and radio technology (IP, Switching, Routing, NATing, GSM-R, LTE, WLAN). You are very familiar of the relevant SW and electronic aspects.
- Deep knowledge of SW development (incl. SW integration, test and maintenance) and system design and architectures (3+ years).
- You are very familiar in programming languages C, C++ and Java.
- Very good experience in JSON, XML and Python.
- You have a good knowledge of IT security methods like VPN, Encryption etc.
- Experience of Cloud-Computing (Docker, Gateways, Data bases, Webserver etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in German and English.
- Up to 25% travel.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 95560
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time