We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do it. A precise place to learn. A flawless place to grow.
Building Technology is an in-house global competence center for software engineering. We work closely with the Siemens Divisions to engineer creative products and services across the world. Our team of over 3,000 professionals forms a meaningful part of the global network of about 17,500 software guides within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
As a technical support engineer for Siveillance Portfolio products the person is responsible for delivering high-quality technical support (remote and onsite) with strong domain skills in Security and provide resolutions on time without issue from Siemens BT Regional customers.
We make real what matters
- You will Resolve support Service Requests through Email/Phone/Remote or On-site visits
- You will be Solving and analyze product issues in a timely manner and follow up with the regional customers with solution recommendations and action plans
- We need you to Identify and publish Knowledge articles, FAQs and Webinars to provide dedicated solutions to customer issues and for future references. Participate in technical communications within the team to share standard methodologies and learn about new technologies and applications
- You will Develop technical & domain competency on management stations and Integration platforms for end customer/product setup in test-lab. Administer hotline and software application download platform for global and regional customers
- You will Support in developing and delivery technical trainings.
What you need to make real what matters
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with 3+ years of experience in security domain Languages:
- Domain knowledge and solving knowledge of Security systems like Access Control, CCTV & Intrusion and security management stations and integration platforms is an advantage
- Over all we need 3-5 Years Experience,
- Strong aptitude for learning new security software applications, tools, technologies and utilize them in a customer facing environment
- Should have working knowledge of Networking, MS SQL Database, Windows OS, Linux OS, Debian OS, Virtualization, Cloud Services, Storage and know-how of third party protocols like OPC, BACnet & ONVIF
- Good Communication & Presentation Skills
- Flexible for international travel and on-site support and troubleshooting activities globally.
- Knowledge on BT SSP Siveillance Portfolio products like Siveillance VMS, Siveillance Vantage, Siveillance Viewpoint, OIS, SIPORT and SiPass is desirable.
- Level 2 or 3 Technical support experience on software products for internal or external customers.
This role is primarily based at Chennai. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Building Technology at: http://www.siemens.co.in/en/our-businesses/building-technologies.htm and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 95659
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time