Location: Pune, India
Department: Power and Gas, Dresser-Rand
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Sales
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
A Proposal Engineer supports the Regional Sales effort of new equipment in the Region Middle East, China, Central Asia, Asia Pacific (MECAP) Region.
The following responsibilities of this position apply to one or more of Siemens Oil & Gas Product Lines, which include the following:
(a) Gas Turbines
(b) Centrifugal Compressor
The primary responsibility of a Proposal Engineer is to develop techno-commercial proposals for Siemens Oil & Gas’ customer/client base encompassing the following:
- Review the Client’s Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Perform equipment selections including drivers and auxiliary systems, using company engineering tool, or other selection tools, as applicable for the product line
- Fully configure and propose optimized solution(s) with tangible value proposition
- Review and comment to the Customer’s Technical Specifications
- Engage and negotiate with major sub-Suppliers to create mutually beneficial Client solutions
- Review and verify Vendor quotations
- Coordinate the Cost Analysis and Prepare Pricing
- Work with the Regional Coordination Group, Operation-based departments, shared services (e.g., Finance, Credit) and the Field Service organization, as required, in order to identify and quantify risks, develop mitigating actions to those risks, prepare the technical/execution risk assessment form
- Assist the Project Development Managers in developing Technical and Commercial strategies for the successful implementation of the Order Capture Process on a project by project basis
- Directs integration of technical activities, products and services, including vendor supplied equipment/services in regional proposals in a timely manner to meet proposal deadlines
- Insure that the Technical and Commercial proposals in response to client inquiries meet Siemens’ standards for quality, completeness and timelines
- Complete the Risk Analysis Management process
- Coordinate and participate in client clarification meetings and discussions
- Review pricing for compliance with pre-established screens and price/scope agreement. Issues price recommendations for approval
- Support the Proposal Manager with project or product presentations
- Conducts business affairs with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Candidate must possesses Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Mechatronic
- Candidate must possesses at least 3 – 8 years experience in oil & gas industry
- Experience in Rotating Equipment especially Gas Turbines and Centrifugal Compressors is preferred
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook, select engineering programs
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Proficiency in spoken and written English language, bilingual & international experience a plus
- Domestic and international travel is required to support training, project presentations, bid
- clarification and project kick off meetings
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 95688
Organization: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time