Head of Engineering (m/w/divers) Hydrogen Solutions
We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. And support NASA in their explorations of outer space. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
Hydrogen Solutions develops, produces and sells SILYZER, an innovative electrochemical system that breaks water down into its constituents hydrogen H2 and oxygen O2 with the aid of PEM technology and electricity. With SILYZER, we are taking a further step toward a sustainable future by helping our customers in the industry, energy and mobility sectors to decarbonize their processes.
- You will design, construct and install electrolysis plants comprising the electrolysis system, the process engineering including complex interface management, and the hydrogen application at the customer site with respect to technical and economic requirements. You will support Service with regard to plant operation. For all of that electrical, chemical, process engineering and control-related processes and dependencies have to be taken into consideration.
- This also includes the sourcing of components or subsystems from third-party companies and ensuring their delivery.
- You will manage the Engineering department at the functional and disciplinary level, and drive its further national and international expansion. Drawing on your extensive operational and international engineering experience, you will define the departmental strategy, principles and necessary guidelines.
- You will also be responsible for managing interfaces, for example to Sales, project management, Service and the regional units as well as to the customer and suppliers.
- You will be responsible for the technical functionality of installed electrolysis plants and for technical risk management, and will act as the topmost escalation authority within Engineering.
- You will work proactively on the continuous improvement of our offerings, projects and work processes.
- You have a master's degree in chemical engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering or a similar technical discipline.
- You have many years of relevant, international engineering experience relating to industrial plants, chemical process plants or complex systems, including control systems engineering for these plants.
- You have project management certification and several years of project management experience at the national and international level, with knowledge of contract management and quality assurance systems in projects business as well as the milestone system.
- For some time now you have held a leadership position with direct line management responsibility, including at the international level, and enjoy working in diverse teams.
- Technical knowledge of electrochemical systems, such as electrolysis, fuel cells or batteries, would be advantageous.
- Your strengths include deadline, cost and quality awareness combined with an ability to make quick decisions and a "get things done" mindset.
- Your resilience, flexibility and stress resistance enable you to respond effectively to constantly changing parameters. Compliance with engineering standards and rules of practice is a matter of course for you.
- Business-fluent German and English and a willingness to undertake frequent, lengthy business trips round off your profile.
- You can find further information here. We appreciate applications in english.
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Cornelia Rothe.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 95728
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional