Supply Chain (Cost Out) Internship (12 months)
Siemens small gas turbine manufacturing company has existed on its present site in Lincoln for over 50 years. Lincoln is the base for the design and manufacture of world class gas turbines for applications within the Oil and Gas Industry and Industrial Power Generation. Today the Lincoln business employs around 1200 people and is a major exporter with more than 3300 units sold operating in 89 countries.
Embark on a journey to join the fast paced world of Supply Chain in Lincoln:
- You’ll work within the cost reduction team, managing cross functional data inputs to support the overall business performance structure.
- You'll have the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience across various, (buy and make commodities) and the wider supply chain function including function excellence and quality management.
- The cost reduction environment is a critical area today of many businesses and the knowledge gained in this attachment would prove to be an invaluable learning experience
Here’s what it takes to join some of the worlds brightest minds:
• A positive can-do attitude
• Results orientated
• A positive approach to work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Confident with communicating at all levels
• Good leadership skills
• You’ll be working towards a 2:2 or above in an Engineering or Commercial related degree for the core tasks, however we would also consider a supply chain focused learner
Whilst the role is based in Lincoln, our undergraduate roles could take you anywhere in the UK, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with inspirational teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
The closing date for this position is Thursday, 31st January 2019.
Job ID: 95733
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time