Rolling Stock Engineer
Siemens Rolling Stock currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Rolling Stock Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. The Rolling Stock Engineer will provide engineering leadership, supporting train systems as part of the Engineering Services Team to achieve effective fleet performance and life cycle costs throughout the Rolling Stock Business.
The locations considered for this position are Three Bridges (Crawley) and Temple Mills (London)..
What are my responsibilities?
- Undertake investigations of local and multi-fleet engineering issues.
- Mitigate associated engineering risks related to safety and technical issues ensuring no additional risks are imported to the operational railway
- Lead investigations into Safety Related Defects / Technical Incidents
- Develop modification procedures required to improve safety and performance issues.
- Provide engineering expertise to support the development of maintenance optimisation, component overhaul and repair regimes. Utilising standard engineering tools e.g. RAMS.
- Production of specifications for engineering activities.
- Production of risk assessments and business cases to support engineering recommendations as required.
- Undertake component condition assessments to support the development and improvement of rolling stock maintenance regimes.
- Produce recommendations for re-engineering and repair processes as applicable.
- Monitor industry practices to identify processes, maintenance and material changes that will improve rolling stock performance and achieve business objectives.
- Provision of on-site technical support to key supplier’s in support of on-going activities.
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
- Proven experience of rolling stock maintenance, planning and IT systems.
- Relevant Engineering qualification or equivalent experience.
- Good communication skills written & oral.
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software.
- Experience of Rail Vehicle maintenance and repair activities.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status.
- Experience with reverse engineering to find alternative suppliers for components, making use of limited information and drawings.
- In-depth knowledge of Rolling Stock Maintenance techniques and procedures.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
The closing date for applications is 27th March.
Job ID: 95734
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time