Senior Procurement Engineer (m/f/diverse) electrical motors
We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. And support NASA in their explorations of outer space. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
- In your role, you will be responsible for the technical evaluation of the design criteria for enquiries on the market and for questioning the technical construction of motors with regard to the permanent design-to-cost approach
- You will be contributing to the further development of standard solutions for verticals in the field of drive systems, considering CVE principles
- You are the driving role in the extension of the supplier base in China and search and qualify suppliers together with local interface partners
- In addition, you will be responsible for the active involvement in the product development/manufacturing process, the implementation of cost reduction measures and the promotion of these in order to achieve the material cost targets and to reduce the overall material costs
- Furthermore, you will drive initiatives for cost reduction and take over the preparation, implementation and follow-up, including implementation support of cost out workshops
- You will analyze customer inquiries and create inquiry specifications for suppliers of electric motors as well as working out basic functionalities to be offered and billable options for the Proposal Manager in order to generate possible savings
- You have a master's degree in electrical engineering and several years of experience in the field of development/manufacture of electric motors
- In addition, you already have experience in leading cross-disciplinary teams as well as very good intercultural experience, ideally supplemented by a stay abroad of several years
- A comprehensive technical knowledge of special engines (preferably rolling mill engines for minerals and/or oil & gas as well as specific propulsion engines and/or special engines for ships) distinguishes you and is supplemented by basic knowledge of propulsion systems
- Furthermore, you have a pronounced moderation competence as well as advanced knowledge of the application of MS-Office (especially Power Point/Excel)
- Fluent English and German as well as a worldwide willingness to travel round off your profile
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Michaela Borho.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 95736
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time