Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with
opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and
professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as Computer scientist (m/f/diverse) as Senior Software Architect for X-ray Products to support doctors and clinical staff during their day-to-day work in radiology by implementing innovative and intuitive software solutions.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will be working as part of an agile team to develop a software platform for X-ray products (XP) in an international environment of software developers and architects as well as those responsible for systems, integration, products and projects. This software will be used by clinical staff to operate XP products, enabling them to record, display and process X-ray images in clinical workflows
- Together with your colleagues, you will define the architecture for the XP imaging system platform and take on a technical management role in this regard. You will draw up architectural solutions to the challenges of product definition and agree them with the international agile development team which has been set up
- You will also ensure the feasibility of your solutions using a prototype development and document your solutions in a specification
- As the central contact for software subsystems you will draw up technical solutions and concepts in close collaboration with system projects. In our iterative development model you will be responsible for the solution concepts drawn up and will drive their implementation through to deployment
- You will coach colleagues from the development teams in how to implement functionalities and requirements with regard to code quality, technologies and development processes. In addition you will support other departments during system integration, test phases and customer application tests
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at .
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have completed a university degree (Masters) in IT, medical IT or a comparable discipline. Successful completion of a certification program in the field of software architecture would be an advantage
- You have already gained extensive, sound, practical experience as a software architect in agile software development projects, ideally in the field of medical technology, enabling you to work autonomously to a large extent
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art technologies, patterns, .NET, C# and C++ and modeling systems with UML/SysML
- Ideally you have a knowledge of the processes, modalities and software systems used in radiology as well as native syngo modules
Your attributes and skills:
- You can communicate easily with your German-speaking colleagues and partners. You can also work with confidence in an international environment and communicate fluently in English with colleagues from our international locations
- You understand complex problems, can draw up concepts for them and ensure that they are implemented using your strong team-working skills and ability to convince.
- You are also open to discussion and can offer comprehensive skills in analysis and communication
- A methodical approach, initiative and a strong focus on quality complete your profile
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Larissa Knapp.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click to get started.
Job ID: 95741
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time