Sales Manager - Vendor Finance (location flexible)
Join us at Siemens Financial Services as a Sales Manager within our Vendor Finance Channel. You will lead a team of sales team of up to 7 direct reports, and will provide the overall direction, strategy and leadership to achieve sales goals within the expense budget. This role represents an opportunity for a tech savvy, motivated sales leader to lead from the front and take full responsibility for the team. This covers strategy, execution, growth and management. This is a home based role with frequent travel across the UK to support team and client relationships; offices located in Manchester and Stoke Poges and some European travel may be required on an adhoc / project involvement basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a strong, stable, global and dynamic business. As a long standing and ethical market leader, we are looking to offer the right candidate an excellent career path as well as a competitive rewards package.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Act as thought leader in order to provide strategic direction and to achieve excellence and professionalism from all sales personnel
- Participate with Functional Management and Operations teams to achieve sales revenue, profit and client retention objectives.
- Ensures the team achieves all set KPI’s, proactively setting sales processes and working with the online acquisition and marketing/content teams as well as the field based account management team to create sales campaigns.
- Manage the implementation and proper execution of Career Development and succession plans to ensure that career pathing opportunities are communicated to all levels of sales personnel as well as building for future strength.
- Innovate and develop partnership and affiliate schemes for customer acquisition and review corporate lead generating activities by sales personnel and determine results. Feedback results and recommendations to the Channel Management team.
- Work closely with direct reports to implement the Business Plan for the area and any verticals.
- Establish and develop a field team that is well trained, motivated and deployed against a clear plan.
- Understand and analyse competitors, their positioning and current strengths/weakness and be able to benchmark.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Sales Management experience, with a proven ability to develop and manage a high performing Sales Team.
- Recognised as an individual with outstanding leadership skills, professionalism and business planning capability with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in developing and executing strategic plans that address current and anticipated needs and ensures that the sales function is structured and directed to meet the requirements of the business through its growth plan.
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills, including a high level of integrity, business ethics and commercial skills.
- Experience in developing and reporting on lead and conversion metrics
- Able to work under pressure – have a customer focused approach to sales and relationships
- Self-starter – highly motivated and leads from the front - This position requires a strong, hands-on leader who can support yet stimulate the team and create a high energy and motivated environment.
- Financial services experience would be preferable
- Proven track record in business development, client engagement, pipeline building, opportunity qualification, deal management, business case generation, deal closure & handover
- Ability to adapt behaviour to different stakeholders, whilst progressing opportunities and removing barriers to sale
- Competent within LEAN or agile working methods to ensure sales efficiency and effectiveness is optimised.
- Experience in driving and executing a digital agenda using technology to improve productivity and customer service.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 95787
Organisation: Financial Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time