Design Engineer (R&D)
For our Medium Voltage R&D Group in Gebze, we are looking for a Design Engineer. This role will be responsible for performing design work and coordinating prototyping and testing within the medium voltage switchgear development projects.
What are my responsibilities?
- Within the new product development or existing product improvement projects of the local R&D group or the other R&D groups of the global organization abroad;
- Perform design work for medium voltage switchgear according to the relevant standards and develop alternative solutions,
- Prepare the ordering data and coordinate the manufacturing stage of the planned prototypes regarding to the factory processes,
- Involve and support the planned tests in our own laboratory and in the international, independent and accredited laboratories,
- Create and deliver the standard documents required for the production, operation and installation and the data for the projecting tools of the medium voltage switchgear,
- Performing the development works according to the medium voltage product development procedures (Product Management Guideline - Medium Voltage),
- Developing the most economical and functional solutions,
- Keeping the information exchange with the other departments of the local and the global organization, as well as the customers at most,
- Provide technical support to the production and sales departments,
- Fulfill the information security requirement.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering,
- Very good command of English both written and spoken,
- 1-3 years of experience in design, preferably at medium voltage switchgear.
What else do I need to know?
- Male candidates should have completed the military service requirement,
- No restriction for travelling abroad.
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
Job ID: 95897
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time