Siemens are looking for an Accounting Advisor to join our Corporate Accounting team to support the North West Europe businesses. This role will be based in Frimley, with infrequent travel.
What are my responsibilities?
- Providing accounting advice to the business and other corporate teams in any accounting-related matters
- Your work will focus on:
- general accounting queries,
- the coordination of the timely and practice-oriented implementation of centrally rolled out IFRS regulations (new standards and changes to existing accounting policies), and
- learning about Siemens in accounting for complex and non-routine transactions during special projects; such as project accounting, M&A accounting and foreign currency accounting including hedging.
- Liaise with the Siemens headquarters and the external auditor on identified accounting topics.
- Contribute to the development of and ensuring appropriate IFRS knowledge by providing training to the finance and accounting community on a regular basis and in case of accounting policy changes.
- Contribute to a continuous improvement of accounting and reporting processes for internal and external purposes and training of the application of those processes.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and of financial reporting and implementation guidelines.
- Strong technical accounting and analytical expertise.
- Experience in the assessment of complex and non-routine accounting transactions.
- Qualified as ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of M&A, tax and legal requirements for companies.
- IT literate; capable in PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail
- Ability to explain complex accounting topics to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to present ideas effectively
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 95927
Organisation: Controlling and Finance
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time