Principal Controls Engineer
Principal Control Systems Engineer
We’re currently looking to add a Principal Control Systems Engineer to our Engineering team at Siemens Power Generation Services based in Lincoln. Working as part of the Engineering team you will be responsible for the design and development of Control Systems for Siemens Power Generation Services
What are my responsibilities?
- To be able to develop solution to replace obsolete equipment/parts to able to maintain the businesses fleet of gas turbines
- To convert these solution's into generic replacement kits/parts for retrofitting
- To be able to write complex software modules from philosophy document's or convert obsolete control system into software driven system
- To be able to design/construct new hardware solutions to replace obsolete controls system or upgrade current control systems
- Identify and rectify problems found during testing of software/hardware and supporting the commissioning team during installation of equipment/software
- Support sales by supplying detailed quotes with regards to engineering times/potential hardware requirements/possible engineering solutions with regards to customer enquires
- Able to offer support and technical assistance to engineers of a lower grade
What do I need to qualify?
- A degree or equivalent professionally accredited or recognised in an engineering discipline preferably relating to the fields of Controls, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, and Software.
- Working experience with industrial controls systems applications and industrial IT networks, specific experience with Allen Bradley RS Logix5000, Siemens S7, Intouch Wonderware, WinCC would be advantageous or having worked with similar products used for the control and protection of industrial gas turbine technology or general process plant operations.
- Working knowledge of change/configuration management tools and processes, as well as experience with other IT related tools and software for business analytics and project management.
- Use of simulation and system modelling tools (e.g. MATLAB/Simulink or similar) and programming languages (e.g. Python, C/C++, Visual Basic, etc.) would be advantageous.
- Experience of working with gas turbine technology or similar industrial products for Oil & Gas or Energy industry would be advantageous, but experience from other industries with transferrable skills could also be considered.
- Practitioner of a Systems Engineering approach to product improvement is highly desirable.
With a broad spectrum of innovative products and services, we are the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the wind, utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide.
Closing Date For Applications – 24/01/2019
Job ID: 95950
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time