Project Quality Manager
The task of the Project Quality Manager (PQM) is to provide operational support to the Project Manager as an expert and partner in the planning, ensuring the effectiveness of and reporting on the associated activities in the context of preventing faults, (proactively and reactively) facilitating processes, installing Lessons Learned, ensuring customer project quality requirements are met, and implementing continuous improvement in the overall PM@Siemens process. One particularly important aspect of these duties is the possibility of a need for intervention (through RCA tools) in every project phase in the event that a negative impact on financial results as a result of particular processes becomes evident. The PQM reports to the Project Manager on tasks/activities related to Quality Management in Project Execution and is a member of the Project Team. The PQM reports direction to the departmental QM of the specific division/subdivision.
What are my responsibilities?
- The function covers all project-relevant and technologically-relevant measures/activities in terms of achieving the quality-specific targets
- of the division (overall strategy, basic processes and their interfaces, tool application, conformity issues),
- of the customer (contractual quality requirements, expectations, and satisfaction),
- legal stipulations and requirements in line with state of the art engineering,
- set by third parties (e.g., suppliers and subcontractors, consortium partners, authorities, supervisory bodies, etc.) as well as
- to that extent relevant, public requirements and interests.
- The role explicitly comprises authority to escalate major non-conformances to the next higher functional level and to call for halting of activities within a reasonable scope and together with the division’s QM.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelors or masters in Engineering
- 3 years’ experience in Quality Management or Project Management or Engineering, preferably in the field of turbo-machinery or gas turbine industry
- Abroad and cross-culture desired
- Excellent communication in both English and Chinese
Job ID: 96068
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time