Data Scientist (m/f/diverse) for Industrial Analytics
We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. And support NASA in their explorations of outer space. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
- You interact with business stakeholders and customers to understand business data and analytics requirements and identify data-driven business opportunities for our SIDRIVE IQ
- Therefore you work together with product managers, domain experts and customers to identify new value opportunities from data driven insights for the future of industrial digitalization and with software developer teams to continue the implementation of data analytics into end customer products
- You implement and manage industrial data analytics projects with the focus on big data, advanced analytics, machine learning and customer applications and additionally implement data analytics from Proof-Of-Concepts (data exploration stage) to pilot installations for final product delivery (data science production stage)
- You are responsible for building sustainable processes to support quickly expanding data volumes and ensuring data quality and data accessibility together with data engineers
- You test the POCs together with engineering teams and customers for the quality and highest value creation, optimal solutions and configurations and contribute to the internal core library of analytical functions/standards
- Furthermore you are responsible for the agile development (SCRUM) of data analytics projects and will be in charge of the presentation of data analytics results to internal and external stakeholders
- You have gained an university degree in IT and have several years of practical experience with industrial data analysis and processing (multivariate time-series data, high-frequency data, etc.) in an agile team for data science projects
- As an advanced expert of prototyping of Machine Learning techniques with Python (using libraries: pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, seaborn, tensorflow/keras), you have a strong understanding and hands on experience of supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning techniques (classification, clustering, regression, etc.)
- You are experienced on prediction models for industrial data (e.g. ARIMA, NN, RNN) and with data visualization methods and tools and with version control system (e.g. git)
- Additionally you have skills in Big Data using AWS, Azure, Apache Spark, Hadoop
- You are self-confident for problem solving and subtask planning and passionate about developing a simple, clean and maintainable data science code
- Very good Englisch language skills as well as basic German language skills round your profile
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Michaela Borho.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 96162
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time