The Pre-Sales Engineer supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in
complex solutions. He/she collaborates with sales, service, R&D, and technical support resources to
ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are
appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
• Answer to RFI/RFQ/RFP together with the Key Account Sales manager
• Participate in conferences, shows, exhibitions when appropriate and requested
• Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements,
assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends optimum solutions, ensuring
appropriate support for the proposed architecture.
• Shares with key account sales manager assigned targets for profitable sales growth in
assigned product lines and/or market areas.
• Provides coaching and professional development to company’s members
• Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer
firms, ensures these opportunities are effectively covered and followed by the sales team.
• Monitors R&D/ customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales
process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
• Provides training to customers when needed
• If required, acts as a Project Manager for each deal to ensure the final solution is delivered
towards customer’s expectation and initial proposals
• Follows and shares market technological needs and evolution with Product Line Managers.