Software Development Engineer in Test i. e. Test Owners (TO) for NFR will be representing the global quality assurance view for several functional areas in our MindSphere product organization and acts as counterpart on eye level to (Area/Team) POs with the following responsibilities:
• Provide independent “NFR V&V” view by representing the “voice of our end customers! “
• Ownership of the End-2-End (E2E) NFR Test scenarios from the definition up to the 100% automation of these test scenarios mapped to the required features, business cases or customer solutions.
• “NFR TO” together with other team members should be striving for reaching the max. test coverage by applying systematically test design/ risk based test methods to mitigate the business risks.
• NFR TO is continuously assessing the overall product quality for the system under test (SUT) and will provide a written statement about the achieved MDSP product quality at the end of any release.
• Strong collaboration and common prioritization with (Area/Team/NFR Definitions team / Global NFR Engineering Team) POs of NFR tests during the complete test lifecycle to ensure completeness and testability of the required features, business cases or customer solutions
• Review and release of the NFR Test scenarios together with the TEs, R&D-PEs and (Area/Team) POs according to the release goals of the particular MindSphere release/version.
• Tracking and reporting of NFR quality assurance related KPIs as part of overall release/ management reporting out of a common test management tooling (e.g. XRAY)
• Alignment with the (Area/Team) POs / R&D PEs and close interworking with the QA / R&D teams fulfilling the defined quality goals (i.e. DoD/ E2E & CFURPS @ MDSP) for static quantities as well as dynamic load levels according the agile test pyramid.
• Aim for establishing test-driven approaches like Acceptance-TDD or BDD, together with (Area/Team) POs
• Contribute and drive specific topics in the QA Community of Practice (CoP)
Job Skills: ?
8 to 12 years of experience in Software Performance Testing
Core Java, J-meter, Test Automation, Agile testing, CI/CD.
If not Java (strong in any programming language but should be willing to learn/work on java)
• Performance Testing, Load Testing, Endurance Testing, Stress Testing, Spike/Burst Testing
• Maintenance and Setup of Test Infrastructure for AWS/Azure Cloud Platforms
• Baselining and publishing Performance Test Metrics using automation.
• Creating/maintaining automation framework for performance test.
• Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
• In-depth knowledge of Industrial IOT domain / Industrial IOT software (e.g. Thingsworks, Predix preferable)
• Microsoft AZURE / AWS knowledge preferred
• Complex problem solving.
• Ability to diagnose & address application issues
• Written and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate issues to all internal stakeholders and customers
• Degree in computer science / engineering or equivalent