Contract Manager / Legal Counsel @Siemens - Dubai Office
The Contract Manager is an integral part of the Legal and Compliance team in the UAE. He or She will report to the Legal Head of Gas and Power and is located in Dubai/UAE. The Contract Manager supports project management and the project team in providing clear and professional advice associated with contract risk to achieve excellence and success for the project to prepare and produce fully detailed and substantiated claims.
What are my responsibilities?
· Drafting, commenting and analyzing of contracts.
· Negotiation of contracts with customers
· Collaboration with the business counterparts for evaluation of potential legal risks during sales and execution phase
· Drafting and reviewing the claim strategy for the respective projects.
· Identification of opportunities for outgoing claims, support/preparation of notifications /correspondence and production of such claims
·Analysis of incoming claims, support/preparation of response/correspondence in respect of defense against such claims
· Assist in claim negotiation and settlement
· General advice and support to project management and other project team members in the execution of employer contracts and subcontracts to secure Siemens’ contractual rights and entitlements
· Alignment of claim risks and opportunities on a regular basis with the respective project managers and Legal Counsels.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· University degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Law
· Minimum 6 years’ experience as Contract Manager, Lawyer or in commercial functions related to claim management.
· Minimum 2 years’ work experience in medium to large projects
· Past experience of working in foreign countries
· Past experience of working in cultural diverse teams and customers.
· Excellent understanding of contract law and market standard legal forms; experience of local legislation would be an advantage
· Demonstrate a flexible approach with excellent interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
· Very good command of both the spoken and written English language
· Spoken and written Arabic is of advantage
· Solid computer skills
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 96341
Organisation: Legal and Compliance
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time