The person in this role will lead and contribute to a team which is responsible for designing and implementing shared components based on open source software used within a very large application. This includes implementing automated mechanisms for fast update and testing when new versions have to be deployed. The person will need to gain familiarity with the open source projects to understand their stability and advise on the impact of security vulnerabilities on the system.
The person in this role with work closely with Architects in other teams to use Static Analysis tools to identify defects and use refactoring tools to address them. This may include reacting to customer requirements concerning the security of the software.
Candidate must have 10-12 years experience in C++ and with a strong interest in understanding and re-architecting complex software.
This role requires good interpersonal skills for working with product owners, Architects, system engineers, and other application developers around the globe.
Prerequisites and Essential Functions
First Class Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering and supplemented with real world programming experience.
Required technical experience
Overall Software Development and Design Engineering – 10-12 years
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
• Proficiency in C++
• Proficiency in a scripting language such as python
• Ability to lead and work within a team
• Experience with open source software
• Experience with Static Analysis tools
• Experience with source management systems such as Git
• Some experience with engineering software, such as CAD, CAM or CAE would be beneficial