If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will be responsible for communication technology projects, with which we equip stations throughout the world.
- You will also be responsible for planning and processing proofs of concept and setting up digitalization and innovation projects.
- You will take on the project organization/communication and define the schedule, individual work packages and milestones.
- You will manage project stakeholders, the project team, communication with one another, and resolve project conflicts for a portfolio of projects.
- In addition, you will plan activities relating to project configuration, installation, testing and commissioning.
- You will minimize project risks by planning resources accurately and identifying potential risks and delays at an early stage.
- You will keep an eye on the performance of subcontractors in close conjunction with Procurement.
- You will complete projects successfully and provide recommendations for actions (lessons learned).
- You have completed a degree in an engineering or information technology discipline (such as electrical engineering or computer science).
- You can also offer several years of relevant professional experience as a project manager in rail communication in an international context.
- You have a confident grasp of subsystems such as access control systems, CCTV systems, timers, passenger information and display systems, public address systems, control systems (SCADA), telephony, etc.
- Ideally you have obtained project management certification.
- You are familiar with requirement management tools such as DOORS
- For your international tasks, you are business-fluent in English and German, and willing to travel.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 96547
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time