Head of EPC - (Gas & Power)
Gas and Power UK and Ireland
UK Wide responsibility with main locations in Manchester and Newcastle
General Projects Manager Transmission Solutions & Head of EPC Business Unit
Overview of Role
Head of the EPC within the Power and Gas operating Company with two Functions reporting to the position:
Transmission Solutions Function
- Leading a team of project directors who are responsible for the [sales], planning and execution of Transmission Solutions projects and line management of the EPC Power Plant Business in the UK and Ireland.
- Multiple (circa 10) Transmission solutions projects in the range of £10m and between 2 &4 projects in the range of £10m
Solutions Function – oversight of the BU, which has its own management structure for delivery of solutions projects
§ Turnkey Power Project – currently one project to be delivered over next four years in the range of £350m
- Full P&L responsibility for the EPC BU ensuring that the business successfully delivers projects to time, cost and the required standards.
- Manages activities in a complex internal and external stakeholder ecosystem, including but not limited to customers, suppliers, subcontractors, agencies and internal managerial and supporting functions and guidelines.
- Ensuring lessons learnt from previous projects are understood and implemented successfully.
- Implement strict project and dynamic risk management controls to ensure that project risks are understood and mitigated at every stage of project execution.
- Ensuring that project managers and directors have the necessary support infrastructure to allow them to succeed.
· Senior customer relationship management from business development through to contract execution and into repeat business. Acts a primary escalation contact to customers and resolves issues with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ensures obeying regional laws and regulations.
- Plans budgets and allocates respective resources.
- Advises on strategic and tactical operations planning.
· Delivery of customer requirements to agreed time, cost and quality standards
You - What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Experienced project delivery professional in a high-profile infrastructure environment with multiple stakeholders
· Effective track record of managing P&L responsibility in large-scale project driven business
- Knowledge of the power generation and electrical transmission and distribution and advantage but not essential
- A true leader and excellent communicator who can articulate complex issues clearly
- Advanced negotiation and contract management skills; Ability to build executive relationships at both customer and supplier level with key decision makers
- Results oriented
- Problem solving capabilities, ability to push things to an end;
- Ability to work in a team (national, international & virtual)
- English language essential
Job ID: 96552
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time