Business Development Manager - Technology Finance (National UK)
Business Development Manager
Channel: Vendor Finance UK
As a Business Development Manager within the Technology Finance team, your area of responsibility is to achieve budgeted sales goals by identifying and developing sales opportunities within the IT market in order to achieve sales targets in line with Vendor Finance goals and strategy. This is to be achieved through direct sales activity, on-boarding new vendor relationships alongside internal support teams to maximise business levels. The ideal candidate must have experience in this sector. Working closely with colleagues to deliver profitable and targeted growth through third party customers and from the Siemens plc vertical markets.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a strong, stable, global and dynamic business. As a long standing and ethical market leader, we are looking to offer the right candidate an excellent career path as well as a competitive rewards package.
This is a home based role with frequent UK travel required to support client relationships, with offices located in Manchester and Stoke Poges.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for pro-actively developing new business to ensure that sales opportunities are created and successfully closed within the focused markets/ asset types.
- Work to identify new markets and asset classes to deliver on growth and profitability objectives.
- Collaborates cross functionally to achieve sales revenue profit and client retention/growth objectives
- Measure progress against business KPIs
- Develop and execute strategic plans that address current and anticipated needs and ensure that the sales and support functions are educated and directed to meet the requirements of the business through its growth plan
- Working with marketing to develop training, point of sales support, sales campaigns whilst ensuring the profile of SFS is raised and maintained and adopt a “hands on” approach in the preparation of sales literature/aids; attend conferences and exhibitions as necessary
- Innovate and develop partnership and affiliate schemes for customer acquisition and review corporate lead generating activities and determine results. Feedback results and recommendations to the Channel Management team
- Work closely with support teams to implement the Business Plans and reporting for this business
- Establish and develop field activity and mindset that is well trained, motivated and deployed against a clear plan
- Communicate identified trends within key finance customers back to the channel team
- Must have Sales experience within financial services, preferably within the asset finance environment, with demonstrable experience of structuring complex financial agreements.
- Proven track record within a B2B new business development role is required with experience in the IT sector
- Demonstrable ownership of managing own pipeline portfolio and time management.
- Outstanding communication skills, professionalism and business planning capability with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong relationship management skills, including a high level of integrity and business ethics
- Experience in developing and reporting on lead and conversion metrics
- Able to work under pressure – have a customer focused approach to sales and relationships
- Proven track record in client engagement, pipeline building, opportunity qualification, deal management, business case generation, deal closure & handover
- Excellent influencing and commercial skills
- Ability to adapt behaviour to all levels of stakeholder (internally and externally), whilst progressing opportunities and removing barriers to sale
- Self-starter – highly motivated and drives from the front
- Results driven and detail orientated
- Competent within LEAN or agile working methods to ensure sales efficiency and effectiveness is optimised
- Ability to drive and execute a digital agenda through targeted actions
- Works well with peers, partners and suppliers and can leverage their position.
Job ID: 96617
Organization: Financial Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time