Enforcement Solution Architect
Solution Architect (Lead Engineer) - Enforcement Group
The Enforcement Engineering Team is responsible for the design and deployment of systems across the UK and Worldwide. The systems deployed typically utilise the core sub-systems and products from the Traffic Solutions product portfolio with configuration and project specific developments being the responsibility of the Enforcement Engineering team.
The Solution Architect (Enforcement) is responsible for system architecting and technical engineering decisions in their domain including the joint management of the products and underlying technologies (alongside Product Management) used within the Enforcement Product portfolio.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for the securing of resources and management of both R&D and customer projects within the Enforcement area to ensure they are completed within Time, Quality & Costs constraints.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, autonomous innovator who has a passion for delivering change and improving the status quo.
What are the requirements for this role
- Be a strong technical team leader who has the ability to drive innovation, lead teams and projects, influence and mentor individuals to foster technical excellence in junior team members.
- Demonstrate experience of successfully delivering projects within time, quality and budget constraints
- Have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
- Strong oral and written communication skills, being at ease communicating with your team as well as presenting at an appropriate level to senior management when required
- Be responsible for planning and tracking of projects, including the planning of timescales / milestones, forecasting of cost through to project tracking and reporting progress (including recommending mitigating options) to management
- Be able to act as lead technical representative in the accreditation and approval for new enforcement products, services, and improvement activities.
- Create solutions for complex and unfamiliar systems that have a major business impact. Establish system requirements from appropriate regulations, customer requests, or technology strategies.
- Be able to identify and implement process and product change resulting in safety, cost, or customer improvements.
- The ability to be involved in on-street works in potentially challenging conditions both across the UK and internationally.
- Flexibility to accommodate scheduled working across the UK and internationally.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- Minimum BSc/BA in related STEM discipline / demonstrable experience in a similar professional role.
- Proven capability to improve existing methods and approaches. Ideas generator and problem solver for new and practical solutions.
- Robust knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Must be able to communicate complex and abstract concepts to both technical and non technical audiences.
- Ability to foresee, identify and understand problems, using logical and structured methodology to create solutions and escalate where necessary
- Must be able to create, track and follow project planning using structured methods
- Basic electronic hardware knowledge
- Highly desirable - Expertise in traffic systems including ANPR technology for use in low emission zones, congestion charging, fixed and average speed systems.
- Highly desirable – Knowledge and experience of regulatory framework and accreditation processes for civil and criminal enforcement systems.
- Desirable – Experience of on-street work
- Desirable – Knowledge of IP communications, routing, switching, VPNs for network design
- Desirable - Linux and Windows environment configuration including virtualisation.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 96633
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time